Not my will, but your's be done.



Wednesday, January 5, 2011

To Luke

Luke,

I really can't believe that it has been 8 whole years since you were born. First thing this morning, your daddy commented that you are half way to 16 years old! These first 8 years flew by, and in the blink of an eye you will be driving. It's hard to believe.

On your birthday I want to tell you thank you. You made me a mother, and that is a gift I could never repay you for. The minute you were born and they laid you in my arms, I knew that my life would never be the same. Having you turned my life around and sent me in a whole new direction. A good direction. I am so thankful that God gave you to me when he did. I think he knew how much I needed you.

You are such a sweet boy that truly has a heart to help others. Whether it is the children in South America that don't have any shoes, or the homeless man on the side of the road, or the orphans in Eastern Europe, you want to help them all. I love that about you.

You are also a great big brother to Ray and Kellen. They are lucky to have to around to teach them all kinds of things. Like how to sword fight, and how to do a flip on the trampoline, and how to hit a bullseye on a target with a BB gun. You know alot of good stuff.

Your daddy and I both pray for you all the time. As a mama, I tend to pray practical prayers, like that God will keep you safe. But your daddy's main prayer for you life is that you will love God with your whole heart and seek his will for your life above all else. I think that is the best prayer anyone could ever pray for you. As long as you do that, you can never go wrong.

Your dad and I are very proud of the young man that you are. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for you in the years to come.

Happy Birthday, sweet boy.

Love,
Mama




No comments: