Not my will, but your's be done.



Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bright Side

I'll start off by saying that today has been a better day for me emotionally and physically. I guess you could say that today was an up compared to yesterday. The bleeding has slowed and I haven't had much cramps or contractions. That, along feeling more rested, has improved my outlook. As I said yesterday, there have been many good things that have happened over the past week. I guess that I was just too tired to focus on them yesterday.

At the top of my list of good things is that I am much more prepared for Tres' arrival than I was a week ago. I still had a long to-do list when all the complications started and that added to the stress of the situation. Wednesday morning I sat down and finally ordered Luke and Ray's big brother and big sister t-shirts. I was hoping that I would get them by this coming up Wednesday, but low and behold they showed up in my mail box Thursday afternoon! I was shocked! I had them shipped the slowest shipping. I figured that the baby is going to come when he is going to come whether the shirts are here or not. I was relieved to have them. They now hang ironed and ready in Ray's room.

Also on my list was to have something for the baby to wear. Since the baby was almost at the 3lb mark we are thinking/hoping that regular preemie clothes will fit. Heather loaned my her baby girl preemie clothes incase it is a girl, and my mother-in-law bought two cute boy outfits. I especially loved one of them. It was a blue gown with sea creatures on it. It didn't have a cap and it is next to impossible to find preemie caps by theirself for sale in the stores. So she ordered one to match the gown. Now I feel comforted knowing that I have something to put on him.

I fininshed making Tres' wreath today. It is green and brown to match his and Ray's room. Green and brown are also good colors when you aren't for sure if it is a boy or girl. But even if I knew for sure, the wreath probably would have still been green and brown. I went ahead and put our boy name on the wreath. I know that it was a little bit of a risk, but I figured if we get a surprise and it is a girl then we can just change it.

Tonight I plan on finishing a couple more pages in Tres' scrapbook. Of course I can't get it all done before he gets here. But I wanted to get as much done before his arrival as possible.

I organized the toy box and Ray and Tres' room. It has a divider so I put Tres' baby toys on one side, and Ray's toys on the other. That lasted about 15 minutes. Then Ray saw the baby toys and thought that they looked like much more fun than her semi-big girl toys. Oh well. Overall, the past few days have been very productive, in regards to being more prepared for Tres getting here.

Before I go I have a prayer request. I was talking to my friend, Jana, today. She was just checking on me and seeing how things were going and how I was feeling. We were talking about how if I didn't quit bleeding heavily then I would have to be induced at some point. She said that what she was praying for me is that I would go in to labor on my own before any of that had to happen. At first I was kind of taken aback. I don't want to go in to labor any time soon, and I was kind of offended that she would pray that for me knowing that I want to carry Tres as long as possible. I kind of told her that I wasn't real sure about that, because I don't want to go in to labor any time soon. After thinking about it for a minute, I realized that it was what I need to be praying too. Not necessarily that I will go in to labor any time soon, but that when the time is right I will go in to labor naturally and not have to be induced. The last time I was checked to see if I was in labor, I was not dialated, effaced and my cervix was still pretty firm. Therefore, my body is not ready to give up this baby. The problems lies in the fact that if I don't quit bleeding I just may have to have the baby. Ready, or not. So first and foremost my prayer is that the bleeding will stop(which it is much better today), but secondly I pray that if it doesn't that I will go in to labor on my own. I will feel alot less stressed going to the hospital knowing that my body is ready, not that I am having to have Tres because there is a problem with me.

Until we post again...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm sorry I haven't read the blog in a couple of days...I have been praying. Thanks for giving us a specific thing to pray for...I certainly will.

2 Corinthians 9:14-- And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you.