The vote did NOT take place. While they did discuss the bill, they either chose not to, or did not have time, to vote on it. It will be rescheduled for sometime after the new year. The GREAT part is, when they do vote, it is going to be a vote about whether or not Daniel's country will join the Hague convention, NOT a vote about closing adoptions with the United States. Praise God!!
As of right now, we are not sure what the ramifications will be to our adoption, if/when they decide to join the Hague convention. There are some "worst case senarios" floating around, but I honestly don't think that any of them will keep us from Daniel in the long run. So while the time table is a bit unsure as to when we will be able to get to Daniel, it is looking like we will definitely be able to get to him at some point. And best case senario is that our adoption will continue with a hitch(this is very much a possibility), and that we will be traveling to get him in March-ish.
I will post more in the future about why Daniel's country joining Hague would actually be a good thing, but for right now, please continue to pray that our adoption will be able to continue without delays.
PRAISE THE LORD, for no permanant closures!!!!! That news is the best Christmas present ever!