I am so very tired, but I know that I owe all of you an update. I'm going to make it short and sweet. Unfortunately, I do not have the energy to be my usual charming self (*wink*), so you will just have to make due with tired boring me.
First off, Ray went to bed fine on Tuesday night and woke up Wednesday morning with a high fever. I am a pretty laid back mama when it comes to my children being sick(probably partially because my children are rarely sick), but Ray's fever scared me. When your 3 year old is running a temp of 105.9, and that is a full degree higher than any tempature I've ever seen before, I think that qualifies as freak out time. I've read that high fever can cause siezures, so even though we had given her fever reducer and it had come down a little, we were still watching her very closely. Sure enough, she started having convulsions or siezures or something very scary. Of course we went straight to the ER. After way too many tests it was determined that she was very dehydrated and had a bad UTI. Ray just got out of the hospital today, and to make what could be a very long story short, I think that she, Josh, and I were all traumatized because of the whole ordeal. She's not 100% yet, but she is exponintially better than she was 6 days ago.
Our homestudy was scheduled for Sunday morning, and when we realized that Ray wouldn't be out of the hospital in time for it, I contacted our social worker to cancel. Cancelling would have been a HUGE set back, because her next opening for a home visit wasn't until December. God worked it out though, and the social worked did our home visit AND went to the hospital and met with Ray. How awesome is she?! The social worker was super nice and very knowledgeable about special needs adoptions from the country in Eastern Europe where Daniel is located. What a blessing!! Homestudies are a huge piece of the packet which gets sent over seas for our adoption. Even something as minute as a wording error or a seemingly unimportant piece of information being left out can cause a homestudy to be rejected and therefore delay the whole process significantly. So please pray for our social worker in the next couple of weeks while she is writing the preliminary and final drafts of our homestudy.
We have completed our first packet of paperwork to be sent over seas. It has been signed and notarized. Reece's Rainbows just needs to look over it and make sure that there are no errors, and then we can send it to Austin to be apostilled(have an official government signature put on it), and then it can be sent over seas. ALOT of steps to every single part of the process. But it will all be worth it when I get to hold Daniel in my arms for the first time.
Well, this mama is beat. I think it's time for a shower and for bed. Lord willing, I plan on launching an awesome new fundraiser tomorrow, so make sure you check back for details!!