Not my will, but your's be done.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

L'Oreal Preference: Medium Copper Brown

*If you are here for information about the Cuddly Creature raffle, then scroll down to the previous post. Get your name in the hat quick, while there is still time! This post is for those of you who are interested in the ins and outs of the adoption process. I'm sure that most of you aren't, and that's fine, but I have several friends who are wanting to adopt and want to know the details of the never ending paper trail and preparations for adopting. If you aren't one of those people, then stop now because you will most likely be bored to tears.*

I'm going to make this one quick because I've got less than 20 minutes until my hair dye needs to be washed out. My gray and dark blond roots where showing through, and the only thing worse than a blond with dark roots, is a brunette with gray roots! With so much to do and so little time, life revolves around multi-tasking. If I could find a way to fold laundry in my sleep, I'd be set! All that to say, the only time I have to blog is while the hair dye is soaking through my scalp and frying my brain cells. This post will not be in my usual eloquent style*wink*, it is just a quick update from where I left off last Friday. Here goes:

-hung the ceiling fan in Luke's room(all by myself, I might add). I did it shortly after I posted it on my to-do list for the weekend, because I wanted to make sure I actually got it done!
-Heard about "D's" upcoming transfer to a mental institution and emailed to find out more information.
-Showed Josh his picture and information.
-Immediately we decided he was ours.
-Emailed Reece's Rainbow and recieved our commitment information and paperwork from them THAT NIGHT.
-Started looking for a homestudy agency.
-Started fervently praying that God would provide the money for us to make an official commitment.

-Emailed several different homestudy agencies.
-Got an immediate reply from one agency, saying that she does do homestudies for independent adoptions from the country in Eastern Europe where "D's" orphanage is located.

-Picked a homestudy agency and received all the paperwork via email.
-Talked to Micah about having a Cuddly Creature raffle.
-Prayed.Prayed.Prayed that God would provide the money to make an official commitment to "D"....and he did....while I was praying. Seriously.

-took the kids to a play at the theatre.(For the record, Luke loved it, Ray liked it, and Kellen did not like it.)
-D was removed from the waiting child list and placed on the "I Found My Family" list. Yipeee!
-Faxed our Criminal History forms to the social worker
-Reece's Rainbow said that they were contacting the orphange to tell them that "D" has a family coming for him.
-Picked out who we are going to do our adoption training classes with.
-Bought "D" a pillow for when he gets home. Wanted to buy him something, but I have no idea what size he is going to be clothes-wise, so I settled for a pillow.

-Faxed our personal history forms to the social worker.
-Cleaned out and re-organized Luke's room to make room for his new brother. Made a spot for "D's" bed.
-Set up our school area in the kitchen, instead of half in Luke's room and half in Ray's room. I do have to say that I am loving it this way. Schooling them at the same time is much easier now.

-Painted most of the porch.(Josh and the kids actually did most of this, I helped very little with this project.)
-Notarized our Reece's Rainbow application.
-Hung a new porch light. (I get the electrician gene from my PawPaw.)

-Faxed papers to Reece's Rainbow
(Darn, the hair dye timer just went off.... Be right back.)

Ok, I'm back. No more roots. Back to my list.
-Overnighted more papers and checks to Reece's Rainbow
-Launched first fundraiser

-did my health check for our homestudy with the doctor
-got official copies of Ray and Kellen's birth certificates
-filed for a transcript of our 2009 tax return
-bought a blanket for "D". Planning on having a family that will very likely be traveling before us bring it to "D" at the orphanage.
-Got to hear Luke say that he was "the luckiest kid in the whole world because we are adopting and it's a kid that I love!" (Too sweet, right?)
-Got to hear Ray say, "There's my brother!!", when she saw a picture of "D". (They love him already!)

-church work day. Got my Sunday school class(11th and 12th grade girls) all situated in a new room.
-took apart our old chicken pen and moved the panels to higher ground(our yard is really unlevel and where it was holds water really bad), as soon as we re-assemble it it in the new spot it will be the dog pen.
-Josh and I loaded up a low-boy trailer full of trash and junk that we have been needing to dump. We decided this adoption is the best thing that ever happend to us. It has gotten us highly motivated to do some things that we've been needing to do for a long time.

That pretty much catches us up. This posts was really just a bunch of lists, but I know that there are several of you who are interested in the ins and outs of the whole adoption process. For those of you who are not interested in the adoption process, sorry if you were bored. Can't say I didn't warn you.

Be watching, I'm going to be drawing a winner for the Cuddly Creature raffle tomorrow evening!!


melanie said...

Good grief girl! I need some of your energy! (And totally laughing ... I use the same color!) :-P

Becky said...

Thanks for letting us in in what's happening! I *love* to watch how God works in even the smallest details. Praying for you to rest soundly when you're able and have sustained energy when you need to keep going through this process. Love you! (and LOVE Luke and Ray's little tender hearts!!)