Not my will, but your's be done.



Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm "It"

A while back my friend Heather tagged me on her blog with the 6 quirky things about yourself list. At first I didn't feel like doing it. But I have been wanting to post, but not quite sure what I felt like saying at this time. After thinking about it I thought that it might be a good idea for some of you to get to know me a little better outside of my struggles and grief over Treyson. So I eventually decided to lighten the mood and talk about something silly. There were rules and all that kind of stuff that I was supposed to post. But I didn't feel like following the rules...so I didn't post them.
Here goes:

1. I used to want to be a criminal profiler in the F.B.I.
I don't know if you have ever seen the show Criminal Minds, but the is exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to do that since I was in about the 7th grade. I read ALL the time back then, so I'm sure it was a book that I read that sparked my interest in it. My senior year in high school I actually interviewed an F.B.I. agent about what I needed to do to prepare for the F.B.I. academy. I went in to college with those goals in mind. Around my sophomore year I decided that it wasn't the career for me. Not that I had lost my interest in it whatsoever,(in fact I am still totally intrigued by the interworkings of the mind and profiling a crime), but most F.B.I. agents work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day. Not for me. I knew I wanted children one day, and even thought I still thought it would be about 15 years before I had any(boy was I wrong!), I didn't want to spend all those years working up a major career and then just quit.

2. I have moved about a million times.
Here is the list.
I was born in Columbus, Ohio.
We moved to Nederland, Texas when I was 6 weeks old. From there I have lived in,
Houston,
Tomball,
Gilmer,
Victoria,
New Boston(I lived in 3 different houses when we lived there),
Kingsville,
Port Neches,
Marshall,
Port Neches,
Nederland,
and last but surely not least, Beauxart Gardens(which is actually in the city of Beaumont)
Whew!

3. I have LOVED being pregnant all three times.
I know most women are excited about the life growing inside of them and the fact that they are going to have a child. But they usually aren't too thrilled with all the things that come along with being pregnant(nausea, weight gain, tiredness, etc.)
But I have loved everything about it(it probably helps that I have had pretty easy pregnancies, for the most part). When I found out that I was pregnant with Luke it was a pretty big shock and it took me a little while to get my head wrapped around the enormity of it. But once I did, I was in love with the fact that I was having him. I was excited from the beginning with my other two.
As much as I love carrying all three of my children, I'm not sure that I want to do it again. I'm not saying for sure that we won't have any more, but there are children all over the world that need parents. Russia......

4. I love to exercise.
I know I'm weird, but I really do. I can't remember a time in my life that I didn't like exercise. It is always available and it always makes me feel better. I went through a bit of a funk as a freshman in college. Exercise and dance(I danced on the drill team when I was in college. I threw that fun fact in there for free.), were the only things that I really looked forward to.
While I was in college I really wanted to get my personal trainers certification, so that I could do that as a part time job. When Luke was a baby I seriously considered it again. It is something that I still would enjoy doing part time, but now I don't know when I would actually find the time to work!
I do aerobics most mornings and the kids often do it with me(at least part of the time anyway). It is always completely hilarious. But hopefully they will devolop a love for fitness also.

5. I am in to all kinds of natural/organic things.
It would take to long to list everything, so I'll just hit on nutrition in general. We eat pretty healthy. I'm not completely obsessed with it, but I am fairly knowledgeable on the subject in general. There are all kinds of unhealthy foods that I love to eat. But to sum it up, at our house when we eat hot dogs it is turkey franks, with turkey chili, on a whole wheat bun.

6. I'm addicted to my supplements.
Here is an average day.
Morning:
Barley green with lemon essential oil
organic green tea
fresh brewed organic red raspberry leaf tea
cayenne pepper tincture
vitamins

With lunch and in the afternoon:
herbal fiber
more vitamins
coconut oil
fish oil
more raspberry leaf tea and cayenne tincture

supper and evening:
vitamins
fish oil, or coconut oil, or both
and we always drink some kind of hot herbal tea in the evenings

That is just a general run down. Don't even get me started on what I do when I'm pregnant, nursing, or fighting some kind of illness.


Well, that's my six uninteresting quirky facts about myself. Part of the rules are that I'm supposed to "tag" six other people to do the same list. Most people that I know in the blog world have already been tagged, so I thought that I'd tag my family. Over the next few days I'll tell you different things about Josh, Luke, Ray, and maybe even Tres. I thought that maybe it would lighten my mood and give me something fun to think about. Get ready! I think that I'll do Josh tomorrow!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I love this post! It is so much fun getting to know you - I may steal this idea for my Thinking Thursday!
Exercise - I like it, but don't love it!

Rooney's Little Musings said...

Wow! I would love to learn more about all of your nutrition. What are the different things for? This subject totally facinates me! I almost quit my job 5 years ago to be a nutritionist!

melanie said...

No way!! You lived in Gilmer? My niece lives there! :) This was fun to read, thanks for posting it! :)

Laurie said...

Hi. I just saw your post on my blog. I am so sorry that I did not see it earlier. I am so sorry about your loss. It helps to write, doesn't it. I like to blog so I can escape it sometimes.

I did write about my loss and pregnancies. Were you able to find them with no problems?
I hope to get to know you better and maybe we can help each other through our losses.