Not my will, but your's be done.



Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Very Quick Update

I just wanted to quickly update you the young teen I asked you to pray for in my last post. I was able to talk with her mother yesterday and she has made the decision to keep her baby. I cannot even begin to tell you how that thrilled me soul! As I was talking with the mother/grandmother-to-be it was taking every bit of self-control that I had not to shout "PRAISE THE LORD"(and then do a little dance). I didn't want to scare the poor woman, and I knew that my mission in helping this girl went beyond just doing my part to keep her from having an abortion, but also to provide support to her throughout her entire pregnancy and after. This girl and her parents have been on my heart since I met with them last Monday. When the three of them left the clinic upset, stressed, and broken, I knew that the girl had set her heart more on having an abortion than not. I spent this past week praying, thinking about what I should have said, what I shouldn't have said, wishing that I had hugged her, and then some more praying. I KNOW it was the power of prayer and the Holy Spirit that changed this girls heart, and not anything that I said or did. So a million and one thank yous to all of you how prayed for her this past week. I absolutely cannot thank you enough.

6 comments:

Hollie said...

That is wonderful news. The Lord saved a life through you.

Jenn said...

PRAISE OUR GOD!!! This is awesome, Jess, thanks for sharing!!

Heather said...

WOW!!! I am so thrilled! Praise God for touching this girl's heart, and for your willingness to be used by HIM! I am so happy to hear this update....thanks for sharing! I will continue to pray for this girl...I'm certain this is not the easy road to travel...but clearly the right one.

Jenn said...

I have an award for you!!! It's waiting on my blog.

Rooney's Little Musings said...

Praise God!

Susan said...

Happy news! :) Praise God!