Not my will, but your's be done.



Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Able to Breathe

Tomorrow we are taking the kids to the beach. The beach we are going to is only about 30 minutes away, but it is still a big deal. The first beach trip of the year is always a big deal to me. It is a tradition for me(and then me and Luke...and then me, Luke and Ray) to go in February every year. I know that may sound strange, but Feb tends to have a warm front that comes in every year that seems to warm thing up just enough for me to venture out to the beach. This February I just didn't make it out there. It was kinda sad, but it partially had to do with the fact that hurricane Ike completely screwed up the beaches around here. So now we are FINALLY going. To say that the kids are excited would be an understatement. When I told Luke that we are going to the beach tomorrow, he said,



"I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME!!!"



He then proceeded to ask me about 9 million times if we were really really really going to the beach tomorrow.



When I told Ray, she just waddled(the cloth diaper makes her waddle) around saying,

"Beach. Beach. Beach. Going to beach. Beach. Beach. Beach. Going to beach."



Needless to say, I'm pretty darn excited about digging my toes into the sand tomorrow. I know most of you are thinking, "Our beaches are gross!"

But when the beach is in you, well, it really doesn't matter. Like I've said before, I feel like a fish out of water when I go for too long with out being at the beach. So honestly, it doesn't matter the condition of the water, I just need to breathe again.



Here is link to a little song and video. I like Jack Johnson. He's a surfer that lives in Hawaii, and his music has that beachy sound I love. Enjoy.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7kzpZ2sBIw

No comments: