Not my will, but your's be done.



Saturday, September 18, 2010

Request for Prayer

A couple of days ago, when I announced that the Lord had led us to adopt, I really had no intention of doing that when I started that post. My heart was to share the conversation that I had that morning with the Lord. I intended to do so, and just leave it at that. But, as I neared the end of the post it felt natural to share with you where the Lord was leading us. Josh and I had talked had about it, and since we were still in the trying-to-figure-out-which-way-the-Lord-was-leading-us stage, that we wouldn't really announce our adoption plans until we had decided what avenue to use for our adoption. Since the beginning of July we had been doing research, gathering information from various agencies, and praying for the Lord to guide us. While we have made some head way in the aspect of definetly ruling certain agencies and countries off our list, we don't have a definite direction that we are heading yet.


In the 2 1/2 months from when we knew FOR SURE that the Lord had called us to adopt, and the time we announced it, God had been so good to place godly adoption vetrans in our life to provide wisdom and encouragement. The first few came mear days after we surrendered to the call to adopt. The Lord is so good to know that in spite of our willing spirit, our flesh can be so weak in the face of what seems virtually impossible. He lovingly provides the tangible encouragement of those who have walked this road before us. Isn't God good?!


Choosing what agency to use is the next step in our adoption process. Our desire is that every aspect of our adoption journey be bathed in prayer and guided by the Holy Spirit. We covet your prayers. I know that God hears the prayers of his people and is ready to act on their behalf. I sit and wonder at all the amazing things the Lord has done and the ever more amazing things that are yet to be done. Kind of exciting, right?!


We would love it if you would commit to cry out to the Lord daily on our behalf. If you could devote just 2-3 minutes of your day to ask the Lord that he will give us wisdom and open the right doors, I will be forever in debted to you. Prayer works! In his book Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire, Jim Cymbala says, "The more we pray, the more we sense our need to pray. And the more we sense a need to pray, the more we want to pray."

The prayer request of the week:
That the Lord will give us wisdom in choosing what agency/avenue to use for our adoption.


This is the next step in order for us to move forward, but it is also one of the most important steps. It will determine what kind of adoption we will be doing: international, domestic, foster, etc. Once this is decided we will be ready to hit the ground running! I will definitely keep you posted throughout the week. Thank you so much, in advance, for all your prayers!

5 comments:

Hannah Andrews said...

will do!

Micah said...

praying!

Jenn said...

I am so excited for yours and Josh's decision to adopt. I know I asked you during VBS if this was something you would eventually do and you said yes, but I guess I didn't figure it would be so soon. I am so proud of you both and love you like you can't imagine.

Our prayers are with you and I know that you are seeking the Lord over all this. I seriously can't wait to see what God does!!!

Rooney's Little Musings said...

Girl, you know I am praying for you!!!!

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Hi Jessica,
So exciting this new adoption journey that God has called you to. I will join you in praying. Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us and for letting us know specifically how to pray. I think of Jeremiah 33:3
"Call to me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you do not know." He will show you the way to go.

Much love,
Stacy