Not my will, but your's be done.



Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Your Duty

Today is election day. I am urging everyone, if you haven't already done so, to go vote. I have been sitting back the past several months doing my best to not talk politics on my blog. But I woke up this morning feeling that by doing so I may have slacked on my duty as a Christian. I do not 100% agree with either candidate on every issue. Infact, the candidate that we strongly supported in the primaries did not win. But, as a Christian, I do not know how anyone can vote for a man that supports partial birth abortion. I believe that abortion in any way, shape, or form is wrong. But it is beyond me to understand how any person on the face of this earth with more that two brain cells could possible think that partial birth abortion is not as much murder as me shooting and killing someone.
I'm going to stop right there because my pulse is already racing and I am starting to get angry. I may post later if I can calm down. The point is...

GO VOTE!!

5 comments:

Hollie said...

I completely agree with you. Voting is done!

Cayce said...

I am a friend of Jana's and I whole heartedly agree with you. I posted on blog this morning about the importance of being "prayed up" before we go to the polls. I told somebody recently that I feel like I'm choosing the lesser of two evils but when one evil supports the obvious murder of innocent babies, I'll choose the other evil any day of the week!!!

Rooney's Little Musings said...

Amen Sister!

My candidate didn't make it either...but I'm so with you on the abortion issue. I cannot even fathom partial birth abortion, or infanticde. Beyond words evil. I don't know what people tell themselves to make it o.k. in their minds. I can't help but say again, pure evil.

Erika said...

I 100% agree. Well said and thank you for writing that. I don't know how anyone, especially a mother, can vote for someone who supports partial-birth abortion. My husband & I both firmly believe that life begins at conception, but I can see where some people aren't sure. But how anyone can agree with partial-birth abortion is beyond my understanding! Like you said - it's no different then someone shooting someone else on the street. Maybe worse because it's an innocent life that never had a chance. So sad. I am very passionate about this subject too and it breaks my heart to think of who our next President may be. But I have done my part and voted and it is in God's hands now.

God bless!
Love Erika

Amanda Hoyt said...

AMEN! We early voted this year. All we can do now is pray.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda